Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Am I doing this right?

With my newfound assertiveness, and a new policy of "Just Say Yes!"  I started in on a new round of networking. I went back up to my alma mater for one of those events where you shake a lot of hands and listen to lectures. I ended up really liking it. The lectures were just so-so, but the basketball game afterward gave me a chance to actually talk to the pros one-on-one. Since they were pretty much on vacation, we kept it casual, but still supportive and interesting. So lesson learned: people don't mind a little friendly It turns out one of them is crazy successful and knows the president of my company. Which makes him the second connection I have to El Presidente. So I emailed the president of the company today, expecting the worst (whatever that could be).

And you know what? He emailed me back. Very nicely. Now I have to respond. Question: how long can a person agonize over a three-line email?

No comments:

Post a Comment